Congratulations to long standing Club member and Secretary, Tony Jackson who was elected as Mayor of Stratford upon Avon at a virtual Mayor Making ceremony on 15th May…[more]
Andrew Pozzi – European Indoor Championships
A major athletics championships usually has a noisy and enthusiastic British contingent cheering on the athletes. However, in the stadium in Torun that was devoid of supporters, it suddenly came to life when Andrew Pozzi lined up for the final of the 60m Hurdles and the raucous Italian athletes sitting in the stands “adopted” Andrew… [more]
|Tuesdays||Juniors track training opens. Detailed information here – More information|
Wednesday night social runs can now start again, from 31st March subject to some restrictions.
Seniors track training opens. (School is closed on Monday 5th April)
Covid safeguarding instructions will be issued at the start of each meeting.
England Athletics – OPERATIONS GUIDANCE FOR ATHLETICS & RUNNING TRAINING
Key safeguarding points for Athletes included in above guidance:
We are a friendly, successful and well-respected club founded in 1979, run by volunteers and based in the heart of Stratford upon Avon. We welcome all people from the age of eight upwards.
We have thriving track & field, road running, cross-country and triathlon sections. Regardless of your ability or experience, we are here to help and support you to meet your aspirations and expectations. If you just want to enjoy the benefits of training in different disciplines, would like to compete or just meet like-minded people, then click on the relevant sections for more information.
The club is committed to:
- Promoting a supportive, family environment where people of all ages feel welcomed and are encouraged to enjoy athletics.
- Help athletes improve their skills to meet their potential, irrespective of their ability level and provide the opportunities to compete in the different competitions the club is involved with.
- Giving basic coaching for all in all the athletics disciplines where equipment, environment and safety allow.
- Providing the opportunity for more gifted athletes to be coached and to compete all the way to international level.
- Providing every member with the opportunity to participate in all forms of athletics activities to enable them to reach their potential.
- Ensuring every member’s contribution, irrespective of ability, will be valued.
- Encourage all members to attain a general level of fitness.
- Achieving success for the individual athlete by monitoring personal best performances in training and in athletics competitions.
- Providing a good social environment for all ages.
- Meeting established standards of athletics achievement.
New to running? Come and join our Couch to 5k starter sessions.
Quick links for races:
|Open races||Cotswold Hilly 100||Stratford Summer Six||NTRIX||Welcombe Wobbler
|Leagues||Track & Field||Cross Country||Road Running|
|Club races||Shakespeare Races||Grand Prix|
|Senior triathlon||Tri Grand Prix|