Join Us – Road Running and Cross Country Seniors
Road Running & Cross Country Seniors
Once you’ve decided that we’re the club for you, simply fill in the form on the right of this page to join us.
- Our address is Stratford Sports Club, Swans Nest Lane, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire CV37 7LS
- Club membership gives you membership of the Stratford Sports Club as well as Stratford upon Avon AC, and this includes parking and use of the excellent facilities at any time.
- Main club night is Wednesday at 7.15pm starting at the Sports Club. This is usually a social run and there are several groups heading out at different speeds and standards.
- On this night there is what we call a chaperone group – one of the more experienced members goes out with any prospective new members, those who have just joined, and anyone else who would like to come. The objective here is to make sure that new members get looked after, run at the right speed and distance for their ability and to get to know others of their ability before moving on into other groups.
- In addition there are coaching groups. The club has a coach, who takes a group every two weeks out for some more specific training. This is entirely optional, but it’s a great way to improve your running and its lots of fun too. The groups are organised roughly according to ability, and again you get to know when your day for coaching is.
- Monday nights there is a weekly track session. This is based at Stratford High School at 7pm and is a coached session for everyone of all abilities, speeds and fitness levels. The sessions vary each week, but they are designed to improve everyone. They are fun and you will learn lots about running and your own performance.
- Socially the Club does some random things like quizzes, social runs from time to time, and every week some members stay for a drink after their run. Food is available from here – it’s very good and not too expensive. You have to order it before your run though, and specify a time you want to eat.
- Competitively as a Club we take part in various team things which you can get involved in or not – it’s entirely up to you: Cross Country and Road Relays. Club members do all sorts of competitions from Race for Life to Iron Man Triathlons.
Our aim is to be friendly and welcoming, and to give everyone the chance to enjoy and improve their running and make new friends.