The Junior section includes Track & Field, Sportshall and Cross Country and has grown to a membership of circa 300 with a team of 42 volunteers supporting it.
In 2004 the club achieved the prestigious Sport England Clubmark accreditation.
- The club is open to all irrespective of their background (see Equity policy) and prides itself on promoting a supportive, family environment where young people feel welcomed and are encouraged to enjoy athletics.
- All coaching is by UKA qualified coaches who are trained and have been screened for their suitability for working with young people (see the club’s Welfare policy).
- The club’s aim is to encourage members to attain a general level of fitness and give them from the time they start, basic instruction in all athletic disciplines i.e run, throw and jump.
- The athletes and coaches all enjoy a multi-disciplined coaching approach to athletics throughout the year in preparation for appropriate competition.
- The club will help athletes improve their skills to meet their potential, irrespective of their ability level and will encourage them to compete for the club if selected in Track & Field, Cross Country and Sportshall, or as individuals in the different competitions the club is involved in.
- As the youngsters mature they gradually may start to specialise in specific events and the club coaches endeavour to make sure they get the best training available to help them develop at their own pace and improve their performances and personal achievements.
- The youngest children start in the spring of year 4, subject to availability of places. No prior experience is required, just enthusiasm. N.B.: There are currently waiting lists for all age groups up to and including U15.
Child Protection & Welfare Officer : Alison Gravelsons – Email: Alison.Gravelsons@stratfordac.co.uk
We really value parental support and we welcome (and need) parents to get involved with the running of the club. Parents are involved in many various capacities apart from coaching, such as officials at competitions, as a volunteer helper, administration etc and parents/carers are invited to come along and meet the respective age group coaching leader to see what we do, how we do it and find out more about the club.
The Junior Section is affiliated to the following organisations:
- Heart of England Athletics League.
- Warwickshire Sportshall League
- West Midland Young Athletes Cross Country League.
Stratford AC Juniors Code of Conduct for athletes and parents
Child Protection Policy November 2021
Junior Training – Tuesdays and Thursdays
Junior Membership Secretary
To discuss availability for all training sessions, please contact Carolyne Johnston . Thank you.
Email to Carolyne Johnston
Tuesday evenings on the track at Stratford High School
|Activity||General Multi-Event Training||Endurance|
|Age Group||Under 11’s||Under 13’s||Under 15s||Under 17/20s||All ages by invitation|
|Time||5.30 to 6.30||6.15 to 7.30||7.15 to 8.30||7.00 to 8.20||6.00 to 8.00|
|Age Group/ Coaching Leader||Carolyne Johnston||Pavi McMillan||Mike Sheppard||Paul Bearman||Paul Hawkins|
Thursday evenings on the track at Stratford High School
|Activity||Track & Field||Endurance|
|Age Group||Juniors by invitation||Vets||U11 plus||By invitation|
|Time||5.30 to 7.30||7.00 to 8.00||6.00 to 7.00||7.00 to 8.30|
|Coach||Paul Bearman||Elaine Ledden||Paul Hawkins|
The youngest children start in the spring of year 4, subject to availability of places. No prior experience is required, just enthusiasm. There are opportunities to compete outdoors during the spring and summer and we participate in the Coventry and Warks Sportshall league in the winter. N.B.: There are currently waiting lists for all age groups up to and including U15.